Palanga Airport is a small regional airport located in the west part of Lithuania, near the Baltic Sea. Airport infrastructure allows to handle the aircraft of medium and small sizes: BOEING - 737, SAAB-2000, SAAB-340, Dash Q400, CRJ 200, CRJ 900, Jetstream-32, ATR-42, YK-42 end so on. Since 1993 number of passengers has been increasing annually. After the Lithuania becomes a member of EU the amount of handled passengers in 2004 increased more than 60 % in comparison with 2003. Over 200 employees are engaged in the airport facilities.
• Airlines offering regular flights
Regular scheduled flights from Palanga Airport are operated by airlines airBaltic, Norwegian Air Shuttle, SAS, RusLine, Belavia, LOT Polish Airlines, Ryanair and Wizz Air.
The regular flights are operated to Copenhagen (Denmark), Oslo (Norway) Riga (Latvia) , London (UK), Warsaw (Poland). Relating to good connecting flights from Palanga with SAS and airBaltic it is easy to reach a lot of other cities in Europe via Copenhagen and Riga. For connecting flights please contact the travel agency or check the airline web pages: http://www.flysas.lt/ and http://www.airbaltic.lt/. In summer season RusLine airlines operate scheduled flights to Moscow and BelAvia to Minsk .
• Airport development
Palanga Airport has been included in the Lithuanian National Transport Development Program and Transport Investment Demand Evaluation Program TINA.
The airport is operated under the recommendations and requirements of ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) and ECAC (European Civil Aviation Conference).
For more detailed information please call: +370 460 52020 or write e-mail: email@example.com.
The list of other services that are provided at Palanga airport you can find here [>>>].
Palanga Airport started operations in 1937.
The Lithuanian Air Force pilots were trained here. In 1939 the first regular air route Kaunas - Palanga was opened in Lithuania.
In 1940-1963 the airport was used by the Soviet Union Air Forces.
In 1963 the airport was made an internal civil airport serving the Soviet Union.
In 1991 Palanga was re-registered as a national airport owned and run by the state.
In 1997 the airport joined the major international aviation organization ACI (Airports Council International).
In 1994-1997 the passenger terminal was renovated. Passenger services and luggage handling was fully modernised to comply with the requirements of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). In the passenger terminal all the services necessary for an international airport became operational. Today the terminal is able to handle 350 passengers an hour.
In 1994-1995 the flight control centre was refurbished.
In 1996-1997 the runway surface was renovated.
In 1998 the airport apron and taxiways were renovated.
In 2007 the runway was modernized and passenger terminal extended and adopted to Shengen requirements.